Sep 29, 2021
On this episode of Banking on KC, Glenn North, co-founder of the
African American Artists Collective and poet laureate of the 18th
and Vine Historic District, joins host Kelly Scanlon to discuss the
mission of the AAAC. In addition to being an award-winning poet,
Glenn is an activist, educator and arts executive.
Tune in to discover:
- The role of art in preserving history.
- How museums can be used to fill historical “gaps” that other
institutions sometimes don’t address.
- The intersection between art and activism and history.
- How art can facilitate candid, difficult conversations that
break down barriers.
- The economic benefits that accrue to a community that embraces
- Why artists can help a community forge its identity.
Country Club Bank – Member FDIC