May 5, 2021
On this episode of Banking on KC, Roy Scott, CEO of Healthy Hip
Hop, joins host Kelly Scanlon to discuss how the company is using
hip-hop songs to transform a generation through education and
positive messaging—and aspires to be an Urban Disney.
Listen in to find out about:
- The pivotal moment when Roy, a former street rap artist,
realized he needed to change the messages of his songs to exert a
positive influence on his young son.
- How Roy migrated from rap performer to the educational
- The breakthroughs that allowed Healthy Hip Hop to expand from
delivering onsite classroom performances to having a presence in
classrooms across the country.
- How educators use Healthy Hip Hop in the classrooms.
- How to run a startup and raise capital at the same time.
- Why Roy aspires for the company to be an Urban Disney.
Country Club Bank – Member FDIC