Nov 18, 2020
On this episode of Banking on KC, Jennifer Mendez, director of
cultural arts at the Mattie Rhodes Center, joins host Kelly Scanlon
to share how the organization has worked for 125 years to promote
the well-being of Kansas City children and families through social
services, behavioral health counseling, and the arts.
Tune in to find out how:
- Mattie Rhodes is the legacy of a young woman whose dying wish
was to have her savings used for community-building efforts.
- The arts are being used to give voice to individuals and to
- Food shortages in some Kansas City area neighborhoods are being
addressed through the Local Foods, Local Places program.
- Mattie Rhodes has developed partnerships with other Kansas City
organizations to leverage their outreach and services and to foster
- The new Cultural Arts Center will allow the organization to
engage even more people once it opens.
Country Club Bank – Member FDIC